Sunday, December 11, 2011

December: 11th Day of Giving

Today my daughter and I took a trip over to Target to pick out some gifts for friends and family.  We decided that our good deed of the day would be to do something nice for the guy who was checking out our purchases.  We walked up and I told him it was his lucky day.  I explained how we were doing 25 days of giving and today we wanted to give him something, we wanted to buy him either a candy bar or a pack of gum.  He mumbled and said he wasn't sure he could accept.  I told him that if he didn't accept my daughter would miss out on the opportunity to bless him.  He said he couldn't argue with that, picked out an Almond Joy, and said thank you.  He then talked about how he believed in karma and that he thought it was really cool what we are doing.  On our way home we prayed for him.  We prayed God would bless him and his family and his holidays.  It was such a small thing but felt so great to hopefully make his day a little bit better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!