Thursday, November 17, 2011

Realization

So I have definitely realized something lately that I think has been on the brink for a while now.  I can not do everything.  Let me say it again.  I can not do everything.

MOPS,
Home school,
Bible Study,
Working out daily,
Laundry,
Perfectly clean house,
A cute blog,
Homemade Christmas gifts,
Potty train my toddler,
Prepare and plan thanksgiving dinner,
Get holiday pictures done,
Support my husband,
Transfer all of my parents pictures into new albums,
Watch my dvr'd shows,
Eat and prepare healthy meals for my family,
Feed the pets,
and look peaceful doing all of it.

This is literally my to-do list every week the past few weeks.  It's no wonder I have been feeling overwhelmed.  Yet the majority of these things need to...have to get done!  I need God's strength, his help to get through it all.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  This verse is often quoted but the reason it was penned by Paul is not.  He wasn't talking about climbing mountains or running marathons.  He was talking about contentment in every circumstance that he found himself in.  He was saying that he can do all things (with contentment) through Christ strengthening him.  What does it mean to be content?  Can I be content, even with a to-do list a mile long?  Yes, I can.  Contentedness is being satisfied with what you have, where you are, and what you are doing.  If none of these things get this done this week I can be content because I have the one thing that truly matters, my faith in Jesus.  He will help me get what needs to be done, done.  I just need to rely on him, the author and perfector of my faith.  I think that is an even better realization than my first one!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, this is the second blog I have read today dealing with contentment. I love that you explain the context of all familiar verse. We can be content in ALL circumstances because of Christ. Great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!