Saturday, March 12, 2011

Seeking Peace

Sometimes in life we have to make decisions that are confusing.  I know I'm not the only one that has looked at two perfectly viable options and questioned which one was God's will.  It doesn't have to be something life changing, it could be something as simple as which house should I buy/rent?   We are in that predicament right now.  Does God care which house we move into?  I think he does.  A house isn't just a house, its a neighborhood and relationships to be formed.  I think in God's plans he guides us towards the people that he wants us to encourage or be encouraged by.  Every decision requires a weighing of pros and cons and a heart searching for God's will.

I don't remember who it was who told me this (probably my very wise mom) but in the past when I had tough decisions to make I was told to FOLLOW THE PEACE.  When something is God's will it is will be surrounded in peace.  When you don't have a peace about something it is probably that you are trying to twist something to be what you want it to be instead of what God wants it to be.  God gives peace.  He doesn't give confusion and frustration.  Where you find peace you will find God. 

Psalm 34:14b says, "Seek peace and Pursue it."   Peace is God's will for us in searching out what He wants for our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!