Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Journey begins

This week my Sunny Girl is going to be starting Kindergarten!  I am experiencing a mix of emotions.  I am so excited for her to learn new things, especially the joy of reading!!! There are so many fun adventures in books!  I'm also just happy to see her growing up and growing in her knowledge of God.  The Kindergarten she is going to is only a 1/2 day program thankfully so she won't be gone too long each day.  I really debated about putting her in public school versus homeschooling her.  If I didn't have Sporty Boy and Sweet Baby my definite choice would be to homeschool her.  I am a former teacher and I miss it so much some days but with 2 attention needing little one's I just don't have the time or energy to do it right now.  We are going to take it a year at a time in our school decisions for our kids.  This year I am going to supplement her public school education with a bible curriculum we can do at home to continue her character building and bible study.

Stepping out in faith is something God calls us to do often to keep our faith strong. It may be stepping out into the unknowns of public school or stepping out into the unknowns of homeschool but when you don't know what the future holds it takes faith to keep moving.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." From "We Bought a Zoo" 

**Addendum**
Today I went to see what class Sunny Girl is in and found out that the school put her into First Grade instead of kindergarten.  She is 6 years old so we debated whether to put her into K or 1st.  Last year she did Kindergarten the first semester and then PreK the second semester.  Instead of fighting it, we are going to go with it and see how she does.  If it turns out to be too difficult than I will pull her out of the school and homeschool her the rest of the year.  But she might do amazing, so we are going to give her that chance.   Once again stepping out in to the unknown.  God knew this was going to happen so let's see what His plans are going to be! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!