Friday, April 8, 2011

Casting Cares

When I was in college I had quite a few dreams about Tidal Waves coming in and taking my campus (which was located right on the ocean) out to sea.  After some time I realized that these dreams would happen when I was feeling overwhelmed in life, either with school, friends, or work.   Over the years I have had the same dream and it always happens during stressful times.  It's a very clear sign to me that I am trying to do things in my own strength and not trusting in God the way He wants me to.

Last night I had the dream once again. Although this time the tidal wave took over all of Southern California.  When I woke up, and calmed myself down, I realized that I had some praying to do.  In my life, I pray about many things but I still carry the burdens.  I still am trying in my own strength to make my life work in the way that seems best.  In my own strength I just can't do it anymore and the dream was my reminder. 

The bible says in 1 Peter 5:7   "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 

We weren't meant to carry all these worries and stresses by ourself.  God wants to carry them for us so that we can feel free to be who He wants us to be.  How can we be in the position to give to others if we are so bogged down with our own burdens.  That is why God should carry them for us.  We can cast them into his care and trust Him to work them out. 

3 comments:

  1. We must cast our cares on Him for He cares for us! So true! GReat post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really relate to you. I pray for everyone, and sometimes myself. But then I still want to carry the burden and make life work on my own. But like you said, we were never meant to carry this burdens. I want to take them to Jesus and leave them there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful blog and a great post! So glad to be following you. Take care and be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!