Monday, February 6, 2012

February, already?!

Hi friends,
I apologize for my absence from the blog world.  The Christmas season, although wonderful and full of blessed memories, was exhausting!  January has been my month of recuperating and figuring out what kind of year I hope 2012 to be.  More than anything I want this year to glorify God.  Our family started going to a new church at the end of last year and we have felt ourselves being challenged daily to consider how our actions, thoughts, motives, and hopes reflect God's will for our lives.  It's exciting and difficult at the same time.  Seeking God daily means being continuously accountable for your actions.  I have been struck lately with just how quickly this life is going to go by and how important it is to live every single day for HIM and not just myself.  At the end of each day I have been reflecting on what went well and what can be improved upon, it is a constant journey that will never end.  This week in particular I am potty training my 2 year old and PATIENCE is definitely the first thing on my to do list.   If you have ever potty trained a child, you know exactly what I mean.  And if you haven't, well, consider yourself blessed :)

In other news, I have been exploring the idea of opening up my own little etsy shop!  Over the last year I have really gotten into restoring old furniture and making it look vintage, shabby chic, or just colorful.  I have quite a few pieces I am working on now and will hopefully start selling in the next month or two.  I will put a link to my shop on here once I list them.  I'm also making and selling those Alphabet magnets I posted on here a while back so let me know if you are interested in a set.  I do all colors and they are SO cute :)  I will be selling those on my etsy shop too soon.

I hope that all of you are having a good beginning to 2012!!  Time sure does go by quickly!  Make the most of every opportunity and ask God each day what He has in store for you!  I will be back soon!

Many Blessings,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!