Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All that I need

I have one of those flip calendars with an inspirational quote on it each day.  Some of the quotes are super cheezy but every once in a while I read one that really speaks to where I am that day.  Yesterday my quote of the day was a verse.  It said, "The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need." Psalm 23:1 NLT.  I've read that verse many times before but never in that translation and it really spoke to my heart.

The last few weeks I have been really struggling with our adoption process.  The waiting and not knowing and hoping and praying and wondering when it will be our time.  It has been really heavy on my heart.  I think the hardest thing about it is that it is completely out of my control.  I really like control.  I like to make plans and make things happen.  It has always been hard for me to have (that dreaded P word)....patience.  But God would not have mentioned patience so often in the Bible if it wasn't a characteristic he cared deeply about. 

This verse spoke to me because God is saying to me, that HE is all I need.  I don't need another child, I don't need to worry, I don't need more friends, I don't need a cleaner home, I don't need to be involved in every ministry that comes my way, I don't need to fear the things I cannot see or plan for, I don't need anything.  But Him.  He is my shepherd, my leader, my guide, my way.  He is all I need.  It's time for me to let go of everything that is out of my control and that I think I have control over.  He is my shepherd and He is all I need. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that verse has been before my eyes a lot lately. You're perspective is perfect in the midst of your anxiousness... praise God... He IS your shepherd indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is all we need. Everything we need, want or hope for is found in God. What an awesome Shepherd He is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That truly is a powerful verse, and one I think we miss sometimes. What a wonderful Shepherd we have!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE every single Comment! Thank you!